Thursday, May 14, 2009

driving nails into the 'ol nog'n

... it's her...
She never calls me.
It's late, so it must be an emergency!

"hello?"... her voice sounds like she's in a panic.
Is she dead? Did she finally die?

Lunch.
That's it?
All that panic in her voice over lunch...
Why can't we just talk like regular people?

What will she complain about this time...
rehab? maybe her dog has a cyst.
Hurry up. My stomach hurts every time you mention something from my childhood.
What could we possibly have to say if we eat a whole lunch together...
I hope there's lots of people and noise to distract us.

Wait... "who's getting married?"
Maybe she thought I just didn't hear her, instead of... she never listens to what I'm saying.
Again I have to tell her... "She never tells me anything!"

Is this the woman I longed to be close to?
The one who makes my stomach turn and my head hurt?
She used to make me laugh...
She used to be so funny.

It's been almost 2 years since I've seen her, and she only lives 45 minutes away.

Monday.
I will be happy to see her, no matter how much it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment