Monday, January 11, 2010

Young

What can you say to the young ones? When did you really start listening... I've been down that road and I don't want to see you take it. I want you to value yourself the way I didn't. Can you tell them to slow down, and they do? It hurts me to see you abandoning your former strengths and trading them for drugs and sex. Will they listen to you when you tell them that it's ok if they don't find their way; right away. Stop trying to live all of life at once. You're killing yourself. You're not well. You scare me... And then she says to me... "Guys ruin everything!" And sweetly I say, "No they don't. Women ruin everything because they choose men over themselves." "That's heavy." She says. "I like that." And I just think quietly to myself... but will you remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment